COVID-19 Small Business & Community Resources
Deadline to apply for LIHEAP program is May 15 at midnight - Oklahoma Natural Gas is encouraging customers to take advantage of the $900 million the federal government recently released to the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). LIHEAP, which is a federally funded program that helps eligible households pay a portion of their home energy costs, and the application period runs through May 15 at midnight. LEARN MORE HERE
FROM THE DURANT AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE The Durant Area Chamber of Commerce is committed to serving our businesses. Through these unusual times we are trying to keep everyone informed of assistance that is or will be available. If your business has closed or is operating in a non-traditional way please let us know so we can keep the public informed. As of Monday, May 4, 2020, we are back in the Chamber office and adhering to the Governor's Open Up & Recover Safely plan, but our office is still closed to the public. As always, we can be reached by phone or emails, which are listed on our website here. We will be posting daily to both our website and Facebook page. Continue to shop local when possible, WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS if we support each other. #durantstrong
Janet Reed Executive Director
Matt Davison President
HELPFUL LINKS FOR BUSINESSES
**OPEN UP SAFELY & RECOVER: Oklahoma will begin implementing a three-phased approach to open Oklahoma’s economy back up starting April 24, 2020. This statewide plan is: 1. Based on scientific modeling from public health experts 2. Intended to mitigate risk of resurgence 3. Intended to protect Oklahoma’s most vulnerable citizens from the threat of COVID-19 4. Intended for businesses and individuals to utilize in conjunction with guidance from the Oklahoma Department of Commerce, the Oklahoma State Health Department, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). READ THE PLAN TO OPEN OKLAHOMA HERE.
**BUSINESS IMPACT SURVEY: From the Durant Industrial Authority - Everyone is scrambling to manage their business in response to COVID-19. All of us are overwhelmed with a flood of information that can change quickly. Numbers are critically important to tell the collective story of the COVID-19 virus impact on our business community locally. Our numbers help detail the reality for decision makers. Leaders locally, regionally, and nationally are acting on assumptions. With your help, we can give them real numbers. Take the Survey Now
**SMALL BUSINESS GRANT OPPORTUNITY: Salesforce and Ureeka are teaming up to provide small businesses the opportunity to receive a $10,000 grant to help them through the COVID-19 outbreak. Get more information here: https://grants.ureeka.biz/sale...
**SAVE SMALL BUSINESS FUND: No business should have to close their doors as a result of the #COVID19 pandemic. That’s why the U.S. Chamber Foundation is launching the #SaveSmallBusiness Fund to provide $5,000 grants to help employers. Grant applications will open on April 20, 2020. For more information on eligibility, grant timeline, and more, visit savesmallbusiness.com.
**US TREASURY - PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM: The Paycheck Protection Program prioritizes millions of Americans employed by small businesses by authorizing up to $349 billion toward job retention and certain other expenses. Final forms and guidelines for the Paycheck Protection Program can be found here.
**US SENATE COMMITTEE ON SMALL BUSINESS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP: This SMALL BUSINESS OWNER'S GUIDE TO THE CARES ACT provides information about the major programs and initiatives that will soon be available from the Small Business Administration (SBA) and walks a business owner through the information of how to get assistance and which program works for which situations.
**OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE: Step by step on how to determine whether your business is considered essential: Essential Business Guidance. Also, recurring industry webinars with Secretary Kouplen have been scheduled weekly on Wednesdays to address the current COVID-19 situation and business needs. See the Industry Webinar Schedule here. - The Oklahoma Manufacturing Reboot Program has been created to address the negative effect the COVID-19 pandemic has had on Oklahoma businesses, specifically manufacturers. This program utilizes up to $5 million from the Governor’s Quick Action Closing Fund to assist existing Oklahoma manufacturers as they retool to develop new products and/or expand current capabilities. Learn more at okcommerce.gov/reboot
**US CHAMBER: The US Chamber has put together several guides and webinars to assist businesses during the ongoing pandemic.
- NEW - Guide to Coronavirus Paid Leave Programs
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program Guide
- Employee Retention Tax Credit Guide
- Coronavirus Small Business Guide
- Coronavirus Response Toolkit
**SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION: The U.S Small Business Administration (SBA) has now approved the State's request for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan Declaration for all 77 counties. If your business or private nonprofit has been negatively impacted due to COVID-19, you may now apply for an SBA low interest disaster loan at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
**OKLAHOMA CENTER FOR NONPROFITS: Resources and programs for nonprofits during the COVID-19 crisis including the OKCNP Help Line with daily updates and consulting.
**USDA RURAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT GRANTS: The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Business Development Grants (RBDG) are designed to support the development or expansion of small and emerging, private rural businesses with fewer than 50 employees and less than $1 million in gross revenues. Eligible applicants for the RBDG program include non-profits, public bodies, government entities, and federally recognized Tribes. Funds may be used for a variety of purposes; however, is mainly used to construct a building or purchase equipment. Click here for more information and apply
**US DEPARTMENT OF LABOR: The U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD) published its first round of implementation guidance pursuant to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). The initial WHD guidance is available in three-parts: · Fact Sheet for Employees · Fact Sheet for Employers · Questions and Answers
**DURANT RESTAURANT GUIDE: During this time of uncertainty, restaurants have made adjustments to their regular way of distributing food. This is subject to change and we will work to update you as we are informed. Check out our current Restaurant Guide.
**SMALL BUSINESS BINGO: Help support our business community with this fun Small Business BINGO game you can complete during quarantine and while out getting some fresh air.
**FACEBOOK GRANTS: Facebook is offering grants for small businesses that are experiencing disruptions during this time. Facebook Small Business Grants Program.
**PROFESSIONAL BEAUTY ASSOCIATION (PBA) GRANTS: The PBA COVID-19 Relief Fund was created to provide $500 to licensed beauty professionals who are unable to work due to COVID-19. Funding is intended to be emergency aid for short-term immediate needs such as food and bills. More Information Here.
**DURANT MAIN STREET: Durant Main Street has launched a daily Facebook video series called “Making It With Main Street” where our downtown merchants and local experts will be virtually entertaining and informing you. Durant Main Street is also doing Weekly Giftcard Giveaways to help support our small businesses. And see more helpful resources from the National Main Street Center
SERVICES PROVIDED LOCALLY Here is a list of local resources willing to help!
- Durant Area Chamber of Commerce: 580-924-0848 - Durant Main Street: 580-924-1550 - Texoma Pandemic Partners: Facebook group - Marketing Techs: Offering FREE Marketing and Business Consulting Strategy Sessions until April 30th. Please click the link to schedule a session time. 580-215-1228 - Oklahoma Department of Commerce: 405-815-6552 - REI Oklahoma: 800-658-2823 - Choctaw Small Business Development Services: 800-522-6170 - Oklahoma Small Business Development Center: 580-745-2877 - SORTS Transportation: Big 5 Community Services is still operating SORTS Transportation - 580-924-1177 - Southern Workforce Board HOT JOBS: 580-634-1853 TTY: 711 or 800-722-0353
Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration has prepared a guide to help companies in the event of coronavirus in the workplace. Click the title to download "Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19." or visit their webpage here with more information and resources about coronavirus in the workplace.
Other News Articles
- COVID-19 Small Business Resources (2021)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) for Businesses
- Winners: A Hometown Holiday Tour
- A Hometown Holiday Tour - December 1
- National Manufacturing Month
- Durant's Secret Singer
- Chamber Zoom Call with Congressman Mullin to discuss PPP and EIDL Loans.
- Magnolia Festival 2020 Cancelled
- Leadership Durant 2020-2021
- Complete the 2020 Census!
- SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to Oklahoma Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus
- Magnolia Festival 2020
- Chamber Business After Hours
- Taste of Durant
- DYP Luncheon
- Vote YES on February 11
- 2019 Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Chamber Banquet: Silver Soirée - January 31
- Durant Airport Runway Reopening Ceremony
- Blowout Bloomer
- Winners - Durant Christmas Parade
- 2019 Christmas Parade!
- Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Christmas Parade 2019
- Industry & Manufacturing Appreciation Luncheon
- True Blue Chili Cook-off 2019
- 2019 Veterans Day Parade
- Halloween Happenings 2019
- CANCELLED: 2019 Homecoming Parade
- Durant Job Fair 2019
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off 2019
- Save the Date - Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Community Conversation
- Update - July 23, 2019
- Chamber Business After Hours - July 23
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Leadership Durant Applications Due June 13
- Magnolia Festival 2019
- The Wall That Heals
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Keeping Durant Clean & Green
- Great American Cleanup - April 20
- Taste of Durant
- Southern Oklahoma Wine Walk & Brew Fest
- City Council Candidate Forum
- Business Disruption Training
- Vote for #MyDurant!
- SBR Top 5 Announcement
- Chamber Business After Hours - Feb 11
- Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Small Business Revolution Welcome Rally
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off - September 15