SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to Oklahoma Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to Oklahoma small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), SBA Administrator Jovita Carranza announced today. SBA acted under its own authority, as provided by the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act that was recently signed by the President, to declare a disaster following a request received from Gov. J. Kevin Stitt on March 17, 2020.
Applicants may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information and download applications at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela. Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on SBA disaster assistance. Individuals who are deaf or hard‑of‑hearing may call (800) 877-8339. Completed applications should be mailed to U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
“Small businesses, private non-profit organizations of any size, small agricultural cooperatives and small aquaculture enterprises that have been financially impacted as a direct result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) since Jan. 31, 2020, may qualify for Economic Injury Disaster Loans of up to $2 million to help meet financial obligations and operating expenses which could have been met had the disaster not occurred,” said Carranza.
“These loans may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact. Disaster loans can provide vital economic assistance to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing,” Carranza added.
Eligibility for Economic Injury Disaster Loans is based on the financial impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The interest rate is 3.75 percent for small businesses. The interest rate for private non-profit organizations is 2.75 percent. SBA offers loans with long-term repayments in order to keep payments affordable, up to a maximum of 30 years and are available to entities without the financial ability to offset the adverse impact without hardship.
The deadline to apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan is Dec. 21, 2020.
For more information about available SBA resources and services, please visit: SBA.gov/coronavirus
Other News Articles
- COTA For Rafe's Fight
- Durant Community Cleanup April 17
- Durant Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Winter Weather Community Resources - February 2021
- COVID-19 Small Business Resources (2021)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) for Businesses
- Winners: A Hometown Holiday Tour
- A Hometown Holiday Tour - December 1
- National Manufacturing Month
- Durant's Secret Singer
- Chamber Zoom Call with Congressman Mullin to discuss PPP and EIDL Loans.
- Magnolia Festival 2020 Cancelled
- Leadership Durant 2020-2021
- COVID-19 Small Business & Community Resources
- Complete the 2020 Census!
- Magnolia Festival 2020
- Chamber Business After Hours
- Taste of Durant
- DYP Luncheon
- Vote YES on February 11
- 2019 Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Chamber Banquet: Silver Soirée - January 31
- Durant Airport Runway Reopening Ceremony
- Blowout Bloomer
- Winners - Durant Christmas Parade
- 2019 Christmas Parade!
- Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Christmas Parade 2019
- Industry & Manufacturing Appreciation Luncheon
- True Blue Chili Cook-off 2019
- 2019 Veterans Day Parade
- Halloween Happenings 2019
- CANCELLED: 2019 Homecoming Parade
- Durant Job Fair 2019
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off 2019
- Save the Date - Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Community Conversation
- Update - July 23, 2019
- Chamber Business After Hours - July 23
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Leadership Durant Applications Due June 13
- Magnolia Festival 2019
- The Wall That Heals
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Keeping Durant Clean & Green
- Great American Cleanup - April 20
- Taste of Durant
- Southern Oklahoma Wine Walk & Brew Fest
- City Council Candidate Forum
- Business Disruption Training
- Vote for #MyDurant!
- SBR Top 5 Announcement
- Chamber Business After Hours - Feb 11
- Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Small Business Revolution Welcome Rally
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off - September 15