2019 Chamber Award Winners Announced
Durant Area Chamber of Commerce held their Annual Meeting & Banquet on January 31, 2020 at Choctaw Casino Resort in Durant.
With a “Silver Soirée” theme, more than 350 Chamber members gathered to celebrate the accomplishments of the 2019 year. Several awards were presented by 2019 outgoing Chamber President, Jenny Sanchez of Cherokee Communications and 2020 incoming Chamber President, Matt Davison of Landmark Bank along with Durant Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director, Janet Reed. Award winners are as follows:
• 2019 Large Business of the Year: Big Lots & Cardinal FG
Must be a member of the Durant Area Chamber of Commerce. This award is given to a business that employs over 150 people, is a strong community partner which participates not only financially, but through employee participation in community events.
• 2019 Small Business of the Year: First Texoma National Bank & Texoma Engraving
Must be a member of the Durant Area Chamber of Commerce. This award is given to a business that employs under 150 people, is a strong community partner which participates not only financially, but through employee participation in community events.
• 2019 Volunteer of the Year: Amy Hervey
Must be a member of the Durant Area Chamber of Commerce. This award is presented to someone who has a strong, unpaid presence with the chamber and other organizations throughout our community. They must have shown the spirit of volunteering time from their regular scheduled jobs to help non-profits throughout our community.
• 2019 Hall of Fame Inductees: Paul Buntz & Ken Edelen
Must be a member of the Durant Area Chamber of Commerce. This award goes to someone who has been a long-time resident of our community and been devote in their commitment to making Durant and our region a much better place to live. They continue to be a leader throughout our community who brings our residents together to make us appreciate this City and region we live in.
• 2019 Dean Samuel Spirit Award: Jenny Sanchez
Must be a member of the Durant Area Chamber of Commerce. This award is presented to someone who has shown the spirit that Dean Samuel shared for this community. Dean was often referred to as Mr. Durant, he was passionate about the chamber and its activities, he was a servant to many civic organizations (especially his Durant Kiwanis Club) and worked tirelessly to promote this City and State he loved.
• Special Recognition Awards: Durant Democrat, Durant Police Honor Guard, KTEN, KXII, Mid-continental Broadcasting, Mix 96.1, Texoma Utility, United Ag & Turf
Throughout the year the Durant Area Chamber of Commerce host many events, with the help our membership provides we can assure that our events are safe, well publicized and well attended. This year, Durant Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes some of the strong partnerships that allow us to continue to grow our events.
For more information, contact Durant Area Chamber of Commerce at 580-924-0848.
Other News Articles
- COTA For Rafe's Fight
- Durant Community Cleanup April 17
- Durant Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Winter Weather Community Resources - February 2021
- COVID-19 Small Business Resources (2021)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) for Businesses
- Winners: A Hometown Holiday Tour
- A Hometown Holiday Tour - December 1
- National Manufacturing Month
- Durant's Secret Singer
- Chamber Zoom Call with Congressman Mullin to discuss PPP and EIDL Loans.
- Magnolia Festival 2020 Cancelled
- Leadership Durant 2020-2021
- COVID-19 Small Business & Community Resources
- Complete the 2020 Census!
- SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to Oklahoma Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus
- Magnolia Festival 2020
- Chamber Business After Hours
- Taste of Durant
- DYP Luncheon
- Vote YES on February 11
- Chamber Banquet: Silver Soirée - January 31
- Durant Airport Runway Reopening Ceremony
- Blowout Bloomer
- Winners - Durant Christmas Parade
- 2019 Christmas Parade!
- Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Christmas Parade 2019
- Industry & Manufacturing Appreciation Luncheon
- True Blue Chili Cook-off 2019
- 2019 Veterans Day Parade
- Halloween Happenings 2019
- CANCELLED: 2019 Homecoming Parade
- Durant Job Fair 2019
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off 2019
- Save the Date - Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Community Conversation
- Update - July 23, 2019
- Chamber Business After Hours - July 23
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Leadership Durant Applications Due June 13
- Magnolia Festival 2019
- The Wall That Heals
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Keeping Durant Clean & Green
- Great American Cleanup - April 20
- Taste of Durant
- Southern Oklahoma Wine Walk & Brew Fest
- City Council Candidate Forum
- Business Disruption Training
- Vote for #MyDurant!
- SBR Top 5 Announcement
- Chamber Business After Hours - Feb 11
- Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Small Business Revolution Welcome Rally
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off - September 15