Christmas Parade 2019
The Durant Area Chamber of Commerce is happy to announce the annual Christmas Parade on Tuesday, Dec. 3 beginning at 7:00 p.m. on Main Street in historic downtown Durant.
This year’s Christmas Parade will feature a special appearance by the Express Clydesdales in coordination of the opening of the new Express Employment Professional office in Durant in 2020. The Express Clydesdales are among the only 10 percent of Black & White Clydesdales in North America. These gentle giants stand around 18-19 hands tall and weigh over one ton. The nationally-known Express Clydesdales have starred in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, the Tournament of The Rose Parade, Chicago’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade and the upcoming Rose Bowl Parade. They have also had the honor of chauffeuring the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge as well as Prince William & Kate.
The parade route begins at 12th Street and continues east on Main to 1st Street. The theme for this year’s parade is “Who’s Holiday: How Durant Stole Christmas”. The Christmas Parade will be emceed by 106.3 KLBC’s Scott Corbin and B99.7 The Buzz’s Kristi Rothrock along with special guest judges from KTEN’s Lisanne Anderson and KXII’s Tom Miller. And don’t forget a special appearance by Santa himself in the parade to end the night.
Please join us Tuesday, December 3 at 7:00 p.m. for Durant’s Christmas Parade! For more information: Durant Area Chamber of Commerce - 580-924-0848
I M P O R T A N T P A R A D E I N F O R M A T I O N for entries:
PARADE LINE-UP: (No line up on Arkansas) Line-up begins at 5:30 p.m. at 21st & Arkansas. To enter the line-up from Main Street, turn south onto 21st Street by Jack in the Box, turn right onto Arkansas, turn left onto 22nd and line up behind the last vehicle. Please make sure floats and vehicles are not blocking any business entryways on 21st or 22nd. Since there is no way to maneuver cars into the lineup to join someone already in line, entries with multiple vehicles should first gather together off-site, then enter into the line up together. A police escort will lead the parade line up east down Arkansas and to the corner of 12th & Main when the parade is to begin. Please do not park vehicles at or block Pizza Hut, the Social Security Office or Stage parking lots. Walkers should gather at Social Security Office parking lot and get with their float when it arrives on 12th Street to enter the parade route. LINE UP MAP
NUMBERS - Parade numbers will be handed out by Chamber staff once you enter the parade line up on 21st/22nd. The entry numbers are only an internal signifier for the judges and parade announcers – they do not indicate the entry’s place in line.
PARADE ROUTE: The parade route begins at the intersection of North 12th Avenue and Main Street. Entries will proceed east down Main Street through Downtown to the intersection of North 1st Avenue, at which point the parade will turn left (north) onto North 1st Avenue. The parade will then disperse at Beech Street and 1st Avenue.
ENTRIES/JUDGING: Awards will be presented to OVERALL 1st, 2nd and 3rd place from two categories: Business/Organization with 100 employees/members or more and Business/Organization with 100 employees/members or less. Each entry should be plainly marked with the name of the sponsoring organization to assist judges in their scoring. Entries must reflect the “Who’s Holiday: How Durant Stole Christmas” theme. Entries will be judged on Use of Theme and Creativity. NO LIVE SANTAS ARE ALLOWED ON ANY ENTRY – The Durant Christmas Parade presents Santa & Mrs. Claus at the end of the parade.
REMEMBER: **Due to safety concerns, candy will not be permitted to be distributed from any entry along the parade route (even from walkers). Please also note it is against the law to throw anything from floats or vehicles. Candy stations will be provided throughout the parade route. Entries distributing candy at any point on the parade route will be asked to leave the parade**
Other News Articles
- 10/12/2021 - Chamber Update
- COTA For Rafe's Fight
- Durant Community Cleanup April 17
- Durant Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Winter Weather Community Resources - February 2021
- COVID-19 Small Business Resources (2021)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) for Businesses
- Winners: A Hometown Holiday Tour
- A Hometown Holiday Tour - December 1
- National Manufacturing Month
- Durant's Secret Singer
- Chamber Zoom Call with Congressman Mullin to discuss PPP and EIDL Loans.
- Magnolia Festival 2020 Cancelled
- Leadership Durant 2020-2021
- COVID-19 Small Business & Community Resources
- Complete the 2020 Census!
- SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to Oklahoma Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus
- Magnolia Festival 2020
- Chamber Business After Hours
- Taste of Durant
- DYP Luncheon
- Vote YES on February 11
- 2019 Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Chamber Banquet: Silver Soirée - January 31
- Durant Airport Runway Reopening Ceremony
- Blowout Bloomer
- Winners - Durant Christmas Parade
- 2019 Christmas Parade!
- Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Industry & Manufacturing Appreciation Luncheon
- True Blue Chili Cook-off 2019
- 2019 Veterans Day Parade
- Halloween Happenings 2019
- CANCELLED: 2019 Homecoming Parade
- Durant Job Fair 2019
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off 2019
- Save the Date - Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Community Conversation
- Update - July 23, 2019
- Chamber Business After Hours - July 23
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Leadership Durant Applications Due June 13
- Magnolia Festival 2019
- The Wall That Heals
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Keeping Durant Clean & Green
- Great American Cleanup - April 20
- Taste of Durant
- Southern Oklahoma Wine Walk & Brew Fest
- City Council Candidate Forum
- Business Disruption Training
- Vote for #MyDurant!
- SBR Top 5 Announcement
- Chamber Business After Hours - Feb 11
- Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Small Business Revolution Welcome Rally
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off - September 15