2019 Veterans Day Parade
Monday, November 11, 2019
Main Street, Durant
Join us to honor our Veterans at the annual Veterans Day Parade on November 11 beginning at 9:30 a.m. on Main Street in Durant. Deadline for entries into the parade for judging is Wednesday, November 6, 2019. Entry forms are available at the Chamber office (215 N 4th Ave in Durant) or download Entry Form here.
For more information: Durant Area Chamber of Commerce – 580-924-0848
I M P O R T A N T P A R A D E I N F O R M A T I O N for entrants:
PARADE LINE-UP: Line-up begins at 8:30 a.m. Entries should enter S 22nd Street from Arkansas, continue south to Mississippi, turn east (left) on Mississippi to S 21st Street then turn north (left) and proceed toward Arkansas to begin line-up as directed by parade personnel. A police escort will lead the parade line up west down Arkansas and to the corner of 12th & Main when the parade is to begin. Entries with multiple vehicles should first gather together off-site, then enter into the line up together. Please do not park vehicles at Pizza Hut, the Social Security Office or Stage parking lots. Walkers should gather at Social Security Office parking lot and get with their float when it arrives on 12th Street to enter the parade route. SEE MAP OF PARADE LINE UP HERE
PARADE ROUTE: The parade route begins at the intersection of North 12th Avenue and Main Street. Entries will proceed east down Main Street through Downtown to the intersection of North 1st Avenue, at which point the parade will turn left (north) onto North 1st Avenue. The parade will then disperse at Beech Street and 1st Avenue.
JUDGING: Awards will be presented to 1st and 2nd place winners in each category. Each entry should be plainly marked with the name of the sponsoring organization to assist judges in their scoring. Entries must reflect the Parade Theme to be eligible for judging.
REMEMBER: **Due to safety concerns, candy will not be permitted to be distributed from any entry along the parade route (even from walkers). Please note it is against the law to throw anything from moving floats or vehicles. Entries distributing candy at any point on the parade route will be asked to leave the parade.**
Other News Articles
- Chamber Banquet: Silver Soirée - January 31
- Durant Airport Runway Reopening Ceremony
- Blowout Bloomer
- Winners - Durant Christmas Parade
- 2019 Christmas Parade!
- Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Christmas Parade 2019
- Industry & Manufacturing Appreciation Luncheon
- True Blue Chili Cook-off 2019
- Halloween Happenings 2019
- CANCELLED: 2019 Homecoming Parade
- Durant Job Fair 2019
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off 2019
- Save the Date - Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Community Conversation
- Update - July 23, 2019
- Chamber Business After Hours - July 23
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Leadership Durant Applications Due June 13
- Magnolia Festival 2019
- The Wall That Heals
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Keeping Durant Clean & Green
- Great American Cleanup - April 20
- Taste of Durant
- Southern Oklahoma Wine Walk & Brew Fest
- City Council Candidate Forum
- Business Disruption Training
- Vote for #MyDurant!
- SBR Top 5 Announcement
- Chamber Business After Hours - Feb 11
- Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Small Business Revolution Welcome Rally
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off - September 15