CANCELLED: 2019 Homecoming Parade
UPDATE ON THE PARADE:
Due to inclement weather and per the recommendation from the Bryan Co. Emergency Management Office, for the safety of everyone involved, the Durant/SE Homecoming Parade for tonight has been cancelled. Unfortunately, the parade will NOT be rescheduled.
Durant High School and Southeastern Oklahoma State University invite you to take part in the 3rd annual joint Homecoming Parade on Thursday, October 24 at 6:00 p.m. on Durant's Main Street. Entry forms available HERE or at the Durant Area Chamber of Commerce office – 215 N 4th Ave.
For more information, contact Natalie Haworth at Durant High School: firstname.lastname@example.org or 580-924-4424.
IMPORTANT PARADE RULES/REGULATIONS FOR ENTRANTS:
PARADE LINE-UP: Line-up begins at 5:00 p.m. Entries should enter S 22nd Street from Arkansas, continue south to Mississippi, turn east (left) on Mississippi to S 21st Street then turn north (left) and proceed toward Arkansas to begin line-up as directed by parade personnel. A police escort will lead the parade line up west down Arkansas and to the corner of 12th & Main when the parade is to begin. Entries with multiple vehicles should first gather together off-site, then enter into the line up together. Please do not park vehicles at or block Pizza Hut, the Social Security Office or Stage parking lots. Walkers should gather at Social Security Office parking lot and get with their float when it arrives on 12th Street to enter the parade route. SEE MAP OF PARADE LINE UP PROCESS HERE.
PARADE ROUTE: The parade route begins at the intersection of North 12th Avenue and Main Street. Entries will proceed east down Main Street through Downtown to the intersection of North 1st Avenue, at which point the parade will turn left (north) onto North 1st Avenue. The parade will then disperse at Beech Street and 1st Avenue.
ENTRIES/JUDGING INFO: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall will be award in each of the judging categories: Durant, Southeastern, Community. Your entry should be plainly marked with the name of your organization on the right side of your entry (passenger side) to assist judges in their scoring. Judges and Announcer stand is located on the southeast corner of 4th and Main St. at Mickle Law Office. Entries must reflect either DHS theme or SE theme to be eligible for judging. Entries will be judged on Theme Relevance, Creativity and Visual Appeal.
WEATHER: In case of inclement weather, please check with Durant High School or Southeastern Oklahoma State University for any updates on parade status.
REMEMBER: **Due to safety concerns, candy will not be permitted to be distributed from any entry along the parade route (even from walkers). Please note it is against the law to throw anything from moving floats or vehicles. Candy stations will be provided at intersections throughout the parade route. Entries distributing candy at any point on the parade route will be asked to leave the parade.**
Other News Articles
- Winter Weather Community Resources - February 2021
- COVID-19 Small Business Resources (2021)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) for Businesses
- Winners: A Hometown Holiday Tour
- A Hometown Holiday Tour - December 1
- National Manufacturing Month
- Durant's Secret Singer
- Chamber Zoom Call with Congressman Mullin to discuss PPP and EIDL Loans.
- Magnolia Festival 2020 Cancelled
- Leadership Durant 2020-2021
- COVID-19 Small Business & Community Resources
- Complete the 2020 Census!
- SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to Oklahoma Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus
- Magnolia Festival 2020
- Chamber Business After Hours
- Taste of Durant
- DYP Luncheon
- Vote YES on February 11
- 2019 Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Chamber Banquet: Silver Soirée - January 31
- Durant Airport Runway Reopening Ceremony
- Blowout Bloomer
- Winners - Durant Christmas Parade
- 2019 Christmas Parade!
- Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Christmas Parade 2019
- Industry & Manufacturing Appreciation Luncheon
- True Blue Chili Cook-off 2019
- 2019 Veterans Day Parade
- Halloween Happenings 2019
- Durant Job Fair 2019
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off 2019
- Save the Date - Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Community Conversation
- Update - July 23, 2019
- Chamber Business After Hours - July 23
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Leadership Durant Applications Due June 13
- Magnolia Festival 2019
- The Wall That Heals
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Keeping Durant Clean & Green
- Great American Cleanup - April 20
- Taste of Durant
- Southern Oklahoma Wine Walk & Brew Fest
- City Council Candidate Forum
- Business Disruption Training
- Vote for #MyDurant!
- SBR Top 5 Announcement
- Chamber Business After Hours - Feb 11
- Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Small Business Revolution Welcome Rally
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off - September 15