Leadership Durant Applications Due June 13
Leadership Durant, under the umbrella of the Durant Area Chamber of Commerce, is for professionals who desire to learn more about their community and develop or further enhance their leadership skills. Individuals exit the class having identified and molded their specific leadership qualities. Applications for the 2019-2020 class of Leadership Durant are due to the Chamber by June 13, 2019.
The Leadership Durant class begins each July with a reception and is completed in June with graduation. The class meets for one day each month with the exception of December. They participate in activities ranging from team building exercises to visiting and meeting area media, city, council and state officials. They also tour area schools, hospitals, major employers and other areas of interest such as museums and the Oklahoma State Capitol in Oklahoma City. Additional activities and fundraisers are scheduled throughout the year to help raise money to donate to a deserving non-profit organization of that class’ choice. Leadership Durant also volunteers for various events and organizations throughout the year.
Applications for the 2019-2020 Leadership Durant class are available at the Durant Area Chamber of Commerce located at 215 N 4th Avenue or online HERE. Applications are due June 13, 2019.
Participants of Leadership Durant and their employers must commit to time and effort of the program in order for it to be most effective. Former class members include vice presidents of banks, business owners, teachers, managers, professors, attorneys, administrative personnel and many more.
For more information on Leadership Durant, please contact the Durant Area Chamber of Commerce at 580-924-0848 or visit the Leadership Durant page on this website.
Other News Articles
- Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Christmas Parade 2019
- Industry & Manufacturing Appreciation Luncheon
- True Blue Chili Cook-off 2019
- 2019 Veterans Day Parade
- Halloween Happenings 2019
- CANCELLED: 2019 Homecoming Parade
- Durant Job Fair 2019
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off 2019
- Save the Date - Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Community Conversation
- Update - July 23, 2019
- Chamber Business After Hours - July 23
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Magnolia Festival 2019
- The Wall That Heals
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Keeping Durant Clean & Green
- Great American Cleanup - April 20
- Taste of Durant
- Southern Oklahoma Wine Walk & Brew Fest
- City Council Candidate Forum
- Business Disruption Training
- Vote for #MyDurant!
- SBR Top 5 Announcement
- Chamber Business After Hours - Feb 11
- Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Small Business Revolution Welcome Rally
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off - September 15