The Wall That Heals
Time: Open 24 Hours a Day from May 9-11, Closing at 3:00 p.m. on May 12
Location: Durant Multi Sports Complex – 1920 OK Hwy 78 South, Durant
Info: Welcome to The Wall That Heals, the three-quarter scale traveling replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. The exhibit consists of the Wall replica and the mobile Education Center. The Wall That Heals exhibit is open to the public day and night throughout the visit. The three-quarter scale Wall replica is 375 feet in length and stands 7.5 feet high at its tallest point. Visitors experience The Wall rising above them as they walk towards the apex, a key feature of the design of The Wall in D.C. Like the original Memorial, The Wall That Heals is erected in a chevron-shape and visitors can do name rubbings of individual service member’s names on The Wall.
Volunteers are needed! Please consider signing up for a time slot or two: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050c44aea628a5f94-thewall
- - - - - S C H E D U L E -----
TUESDAY, MAY 7, 2019
• Make plans now to be on Main Street with your flags waving high as we welcome the Wall That Heals to Durant.
• 5:00 pm The procession of Patriot Guard Riders, the Seventh Sin Motorcycle Club and other patriots on bikes will lead the transport carrying The Wall That Heals from it's staging point, Classic of Texoma, in Denison, TX to Durant.
• 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm The procession will slowly wind its way along Main Street to First Avenue, turning east on Mulberry and right again on the Highway 70 bypass. It will exit on Highway 78 and turn north and enter the Durant Multi-Sports Complex.
• You are invited to be at the Durant Multi-Sports Complex to watch this historic sight as the procession moves underneath the giant flag draped from fire trucks. This with be the memorial's final destination for the evening.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 8
• 8:30 Volunteers will begin the task of setting The Wall That Heals into place. (Start to finish estimated at 6 to 8 hours)
• 6:00 Volunteer Training
• Soft opening. Open 24 hours a day beginning now.
THURSDAY, MAY 9
• 8:30 Student tours begin hourly.
• 11:00 Make plans to attend the military style "Welcome Home" ceremony in front of The Wall That Heals. The speakers will include Brigadier General Douglas Elliott and Oklahoma Native, Bob Ford, who flew over 1,000 missions in a Huey helicopter while serving in the Vietnam conflict.
• This exhibit of reverence and respect for our Fallen Service Members will be open May 9 and will be available for viewing 24 hours a day until its close on Sunday, May 12th, at 3:00 pm
Three Valley Museum
Classic of Texoma
First United Bank
City of Durant
For more information: Three Valley Museum – 580-920-1907, email@example.com, www.threevalleymuseum.com
Other News Articles
- 10/12/2021 - Chamber Update
- COTA For Rafe's Fight
- Durant Community Cleanup April 17
- Durant Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Winter Weather Community Resources - February 2021
- COVID-19 Small Business Resources (2021)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) for Businesses
- Winners: A Hometown Holiday Tour
- A Hometown Holiday Tour - December 1
- National Manufacturing Month
- Durant's Secret Singer
- Chamber Zoom Call with Congressman Mullin to discuss PPP and EIDL Loans.
- Magnolia Festival 2020 Cancelled
- Leadership Durant 2020-2021
- COVID-19 Small Business & Community Resources
- Complete the 2020 Census!
- SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to Oklahoma Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus
- Magnolia Festival 2020
- Chamber Business After Hours
- Taste of Durant
- DYP Luncheon
- Vote YES on February 11
- 2019 Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Chamber Banquet: Silver Soirée - January 31
- Durant Airport Runway Reopening Ceremony
- Blowout Bloomer
- Winners - Durant Christmas Parade
- 2019 Christmas Parade!
- Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Christmas Parade 2019
- Industry & Manufacturing Appreciation Luncheon
- True Blue Chili Cook-off 2019
- 2019 Veterans Day Parade
- Halloween Happenings 2019
- CANCELLED: 2019 Homecoming Parade
- Durant Job Fair 2019
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off 2019
- Save the Date - Magnolia Christmas Fest!
- Community Conversation
- Update - July 23, 2019
- Chamber Business After Hours - July 23
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Leadership Durant Applications Due June 13
- Magnolia Festival 2019
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- Keeping Durant Clean & Green
- Great American Cleanup - April 20
- Taste of Durant
- Southern Oklahoma Wine Walk & Brew Fest
- City Council Candidate Forum
- Business Disruption Training
- Vote for #MyDurant!
- SBR Top 5 Announcement
- Chamber Business After Hours - Feb 11
- Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Small Business Revolution Welcome Rally
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off - September 15