2018 Christmas Parade
Line Main Street on Tuesday, December 4 at 7:00 p.m. and cheer on the Christmas Parade floats, which features a special appearance by Santa himself. The 2018 Christmas Parade theme is: “Sounds of the Season”.
For a parade entry form, download one here or visit the Chamber office at 215 N 4th Ave in Durant.
Due to safety concerns, candy will not be permitted in the parade, however, several candy stations for the parade can be found at the following intersections: 11th & Main | Stage Parking Lot | 10th & Main | 9th & Main | 7th & Main | 8th & Main | 6th & Main | 5th & Main | 4th & Main | 3rd & Main | 2nd & Main
For more information, please contact Durant Area Chamber of Commerce at 580-924-0848.
I M P O R T A N T P A R A D E I N F O R M A T I O N
PARADE ROUTE: The parade route begins at the intersection of North 12th Avenue and Main Street. Entries will proceed east down Main Street through Downtown to the intersection of North 1st Avenue, at which point the parade will turn left (north) onto North 1st Avenue. The parade will then disperse at Beech Street and 1st Avenue.
**CHANGED!** PARADE LINE-UP: Line-up begins at 5:30 p.m. Entries should enter S 22nd Street from Arkansas, continue south to Mississippi, turn east (left) on Mississippi to S 21st Street then turn north (left) and proceed toward Arkansas to begin line-up as directed by parade personnel. A police escort will lead the parade line up west down Arkansas and to the corner of 12th & Main when the parade is to begin. Entries with multiple vehicles should first gather together off-site, then enter into the line up together. Please do not park vehicles at or block Pizza Hut, the Social Security Office or Stage parking lots. Walkers should gather at Social Security Office parking lot and get with their float when it arrives on 12th Street to enter the parade route. Click here to see a map of the line up on 21st and Arkansas.
ENTRIES/JUDGING: Awards will be presented to OVERALL 1st, 2nd and 3rd place from two categories: Business/Organization with 100 employees/members or more and Business/Organization with 100 employees/members or less. Each entry should be plainly marked with the name of the sponsoring organization to assist judges in their scoring. Entries must reflect the “Sounds of the Season” theme. Entries will be judged on Use of Theme and Creativity. NO LIVE SANTAS ARE ALLOWED ON ANY ENTRY – The Durant Christmas Parade presents Santa & Mrs. Claus at the end of the parade.
WEATHER: In case of inclement weather, please check www.durantchamber.org or Facebook at www.facebook.com/durantchamber (Durant Area Chamber of Commerce) for any updates on parade status.
REMEMBER: **Due to safety concerns, candy will not be permitted to be distributed from any entry along the parade route (even from walkers). Please also note it is against the law to throw anything from floats or vehicles. Candy stations will be provided throughout the parade route. Entries distributing candy at any point on the parade route will be asked to leave the parade**
Other News Articles
- Keeping Durant Clean & Green
- Great American Cleanup - April 20
- Taste of Durant
- Southern Oklahoma Wine Walk & Brew Fest
- City Council Candidate Forum
- Business Disruption Training
- Vote for #MyDurant!
- SBR Top 5 Announcement
- Chamber Business After Hours - Feb 11
- Chamber Award Winners Announced
- Small Business Revolution Welcome Rally
- Chamber Banquet 2019
- Keep Durant Clean & Green Wins Award
- 2018 Christmas Parade Winners
- It Starts Now - 8th Grade Career Discovery Day
- Durant Industrial Authority
- Halloween 2018 in Durant!
- Magnolia Christmas Fest 2018
- Veterans Day Parade
- True Blue Chili Cook-off
- Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings
- 2018 Homecoming Parade
- Manufacturing Month, Job Fair Planned for October
- Durant Job Fair
- Keeping Durant Clean & Green
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off - September 15
- Imagine Durant
- Membership Investment News
- July 4th Celebrations!
- Coffee with Senator Inhofe
- Input needed: South 9th Avenue (S9A) Arts District
- S9A Arts District Community Workshop #3
- 2018 Magnolia Festival of Oklahoma
- Peace Officers Memorial Day - May 15
- Keep Durant Clean & Green Cleanup Day - May 19
- South 9th Avenue: Using Art to Develop Our District