CMC Steel Oklahoma
Position: Automation Engineer - Post Shop
POSITION TITLE: Automation Engineer - Post Shop
Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking an Automation Engineer who will report to and work with the Post Shop Manager and General Foreman at our new Post Shop location in Durant, OK! The Automation Engineer works closely with Maintenance and Operations personnel to keep steel making equipment operating safely and reliably while maintaining high quality and cost control standards. The individual will primarily focus on the development and implementation of Level II process automation systems for the Post Shop.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in maintaining Variable Frequency Drives, Programmable Logic Controllers, instrumentation, plant communication networks, process computers and related equipment.
• Maintain Programmable Logic Controller programs and modify Graphical User Interface programs (HMI) as needed to support departmental needs.
• Search for automation solutions to improve consistency and efficiency in the operation.
• Assist and lead, as required, the programming efforts for the installation of new equipment.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Candidate must be organized, thorough, and perform well in a fast paced highly automated environment.
• Experience must include working with Allen Bradley PLC(s), VFD(s), HMI software/hardware (Control Logix, PowerFlex, PanelView experience)
• Ability to interpret hydraulic and electrical equipment drawings.
• Candidate must have superior computer skills, a high level of PLC programming experience, and excellent electrical troubleshooting skills.
• Candidate must possess knowledge of Ethernet, Profibus, RS-232, and Hart communication protocols and have a solid understanding of databases and programming languages.
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related discipline
• Minimum of 3-years of Level II Process Automation experience or a 2-year degree in related technical discipline and 5-years of Level II Process Automation experience.
• Steel industry experience is preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please go to: https://stage.cmc.com/careers/...