CMC Steel Oklahoma
Position: Industrial Electrician
POSITION TITLE: Industrial Electrician
Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking experienced Industrial Electricians to be a part of our newest state of the art micromill in Durant, OK! You will work alongside our highly skilled Maintenance team to troubleshoot, test, repair, install and calibrate electrical and electronic equipment on site. This position will work 12 hour rotating shifts between days and nights. If you are searching for a way to advance your industrial career, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Testing and measurement of AC/DC utilities and control circuits.
• Able to interpret electrical/electronic schematics and technical manuals.
• Thorough understanding of industrial controls, 3-phase power, PLCs, VFDs, distribution switchgear, and instrumentation.
• Able to work with various hand tools and electrical test equipment.
• Able to demonstrate satisfactory troubleshooting skills.
• Able to communicate effectively with appropriate departments/individuals.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment, hand tools and personal knowledge to determine root cause.
• Performs necessary maintenance tasks including but not limited to troubleshooting, the repair or replacement of defective and damaged parts, adjustments and calibration procedures, assemble, install, test and execute preventative maintenance tasks on various forms of manufacturing equipment using hand and power tools.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5+ years industrial maintenance experience preferred.
• Must have thorough understanding of electrical safe work practices and NFPA 70E requirements
• Must have experience with and the ability to demonstrate electrical and mechanical maintenance principles, concepts, and troubleshooting techniques including a working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
• MRO system in particular SAP system experience preferred.
• Knowledge of the melting, casting and rolling process and related equipment preferred.
• AC/DC motor troubleshooting experience required.
• Electrical controls maintenance and repair proficiency.
• Siemens and/or other PLC troubleshooting experience preferred.
• Ability to think logically, analytically and solve problems.
• Strong multitasking abilities.
• Ability to function in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, and work in heights for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work rotating (day/night) 12 hour shifts is required.
• Vo-Tech High school or High school/GED. College or technical trade education preferred.
• Licensure or Professional Certification: External applicants are required to have the following Work Keys test scores:
o Applied Math - 5,
o Locating Information - 5
o Reading for Information - 5
If you are interested in applying for this position, please go to https://stage.cmc.com/careers/...